I felt it in the air today… fall is just around the corner. I was on the Baden-Powell Trail this morning and this leaf fluttered slowly and aimlessly to a tree branch, like a subtle warning of things to come. It was warm and sunny though as I walked along the trail and I can’t say I took this sign too seriously given the hot summer days left. Still…as I wrote in my last post about upcoming run clinics on the shore, there’s nothing wrong with thinking ahead.
Just checked out the September edition of Men’s Health magazine (one of my top 5 favourite magazines. http://www.menshealth.com/) Tucked away in the corner of a page was this simple tip: Focusing on long-term benefits can lead to healthier behaviours. The article states that scientists found that people with healthy habits tend to prefer future rewards [...]
Now That’s A West Coast Dog! Love ‘em to pieces. Dogs are great motivators to get outside and get moving so I’m going to give you the skinny on dog parks on the North Shore, lower mainland and all over B.C. I’m also tell you how to keep your best friend safe with the help [...]
Listen… if it’s one thing I get it’s that time and energy are precious commodities when there’s a new addition to the family. What would make it easier to get outside with baby? What would get you connected again to your body…and your sanity? How about: *Great outdoor baby gear…yup *Other mums…you bet *Accessible programs [...]
Archives by Month
- Avita Massage Registered Massage Therapy Centre
- Island Adventurer Latest outdoor events, news, and places on Vancouver Island
- Live Trails Helping people use the social web to find the latest B.C. trail reports and conditions
- Mountain Madness Amazing trail running group/clinics/races
- North Shore Athletics The North Shore Athletic Store
- Out-Fit Training great site by North Vancouver athlete Tamsin Anstey for runners and triathletes
- Outdoor Vancouver Vancouvers Outdoor Site. Adventure, Events, People, Places
- Pure Outside Enjoy The Great Outdoors
- PureAthletics Deep Cove CrossFit training gym. Community oriented, Inclusive, and kick butt.
- Run The North Shore Road and Trail races and clinics on Vancouvers North Shore
- Vancouver Trails Great Vancouver Area Hikes. Maps, Conditions, Trail Information.
- Weather Network-Vancouver Latest Weather News