There are so many compelling reasons to get your kids involved in charity events that include fitness, fun, music, friends and fundraising. For one- If you love to be outside and be active here’s a way to enjoy that with your kids. I am super excited for the day when I can go out for [...]
Posts Tagged as: upcoming events on the shore
Well North Shore Outdoor is hitting the road to try some new adventures in Bali so I’ll be back with juicy stories and photos of the island paradise in 2 weeks! Outdoor recreation on the Shore will be exploding when I get back and I am moving into a sweet new house in July up [...]
So for a few years I lived in Strathcona, a great, funky and artistic neighbourhood on Vancouver’s East Side close to Chinatown. This was a small pocket of a neighbourhood but it practically burst with creative artists of all kinds and mediums. One highlight of living there was being in the heart of the Eastside [...]
What’s Happening At North Shore Athletics In November? They are having their big fall sale! NOV 25-30 at Hit it at 1200 Lonsdale Avenue in North Vancouver. Check out www.northshoreathletics.com for further details. ALSO… Do you need a little nudge towards a New Year’s Resolution? How about The North Shore Sprint Distance Triathlon on May [...]
After a couple of years of road running I decided in the spring of this year it was time to hit the trails here on the shore. I needed a new challenge, I wanted to add strength training and coordination to my workouts, and, most importantly, I wanted to up the fun factor. I hit [...]
That’s the headline from yesterdays Vancouver Sun. And as much as I’d like to keep it a secret it’s no big surprise. The reason? As the article states “The region’s “physical beauty” topped the list, followed by the weather, climate and year-round recreation. But it isn’t scenery alone that makes people smile. Feeling connected and [...]
Too Soon To Think About This? Nope. The rain is falling and the temperature’s dropping. You know what that means? Pretty much the best time of year to think about, and plan for, upcoming outdoor activities as far as I’m concerned. Think I’m crazy? Think again. Don’t get me wrong. I love summer. Love it. [...]
I felt it in the air today… fall is just around the corner. I was on the Baden-Powell Trail this morning and this leaf fluttered slowly and aimlessly to a tree branch, like a subtle warning of things to come. It was warm and sunny though as I walked along the trail and I can’t say I took this sign too seriously given the hot summer days left. Still…as I wrote in my last post about upcoming run clinics on the shore, there’s nothing wrong with thinking ahead.
Archives by Month
- Avita Massage Registered Massage Therapy Centre
- Island Adventurer Latest outdoor events, news, and places on Vancouver Island
- Live Trails Helping people use the social web to find the latest B.C. trail reports and conditions
- Mountain Madness Amazing trail running group/clinics/races
- North Shore Athletics The North Shore Athletic Store
- Out-Fit Training great site by North Vancouver athlete Tamsin Anstey for runners and triathletes
- Outdoor Vancouver Vancouvers Outdoor Site. Adventure, Events, People, Places
- Pure Outside Enjoy The Great Outdoors
- PureAthletics Deep Cove CrossFit training gym. Community oriented, Inclusive, and kick butt.
- Run The North Shore Road and Trail races and clinics on Vancouvers North Shore
- Vancouver Trails Great Vancouver Area Hikes. Maps, Conditions, Trail Information.
- Weather Network-Vancouver Latest Weather News